Crackalackin' = happenin'. Tuesdays are what's happening because every Tuesday of the Summer our church (i.e. Me, "Pastor Dave") is having Crackalackin' Tuesdays in the park. Orginally this seemed like a good idea- a way to hang out with the kids and get them out of their houses. The good idea is actually not so great since it means 3 hours of the sun beating down as we attempt to entertain the unentertainable, play with the bored, and mediate the junior high drama that is inevitable amongst the generation with too much time on their hands. The only reason the majority come to hang out is because their parents wake them up ten minutes prior and drop them off for a little bit of childless fun. Free babysitting, right? I make it sound worse than it is because it seems worse than it is. It warrants a "Que barbaridad!" exclamation but not a "Que horrible!"
Today was especially difficult because it was precluded by our staff meeting which was precluded by mandatory morning devotions which was precluded by me waking up. Actually, today wasn't bad in itself; it just shouldn't have started when it did- in the morning. I think tomorrow I am going to pull a Monday and sleep til 11 or noon or maybe just until Thursday morning. Or maybe I'll just start drinking coffee again and stop complaining about lack of sleep... Okay, so Heidi just read that last sentence and gave me a titty twister and slapped my chest and reprimanded me by saying, "Coffee, bad! Coffee, bad! Coffee, bad!" I guess Yerba Mate will continue to be my caffeine of choice. Coffee is so much more delicious than tea, though.
"We need to discuss dinner," says the wife, which means my blog-time is over. Maybe the dinner will be crackalackin'.
Tuesday, July 17, 2007
Crackalackin' Tuesdays
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment