We almost blew up last night!! Sort of. "Gas leak shuts 6 blocks after backhoe hits line" (http://www1.pressdemocrat.com/article/20070713/NEWS/707130429/1033/NEWS01) ... and our house is a part of those six blocks. David and I had dinner at my parents' house last night and as we were there, his mom called to make sure we were all right and told David there was a gas leak. We didn't think much of it but were made aware that some streets were blocked off. Then as we drove home David checked his messages and got one from a Jr. Higher's parent saying that we might be evacuated and could have dinner with them and stay at their house. I was really hoping that we weren't evacuated, but it was a sweet offer. The Jr. Highers' parents take good care of us. : ) When we got home, our street was blocked off just a bit past our house. We asked the cop on the street if we could go home and he said "At your own risk. Just don't have any bonfires in the backyard". Of course I was paranoid that we would blow up, but David assured me we were safe. We cleaned up the house a bit and got ready for bed and then around 9:30 our bedroom starting stinking of gas- from the gas leak- not us. We decided we didn't want to sleep inhaling that all night and headed back to my parents' house for the night. We both slept like rocks. I forget how nice it is to sleep when it is quiet, rather than having semis and motorcycles passing your house through the night. I had a VERY hard time getting out of bed this morning, but I did make it to work... that's where I am right now- shhh (written earlier, posted later). Don't tell. So that was our eventful night. The joys of living in the bustling activity of downtown Petaluma. 
There's a bonus photo of us in Mendocino- piggyback ride on the beach
Friday, July 13, 2007
We Have Gas
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment