Friday, August 10, 2007

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

I have good news and bad news. Well, for me. I'll give you the bad news first.

My gum-smacking neighbor has striked again and louder than ever. I really don't understand how he chews that it is so loud. It sounds like he flips the gum around in his mouth so that the sound of his chomps vary every time he opens his mouth. I don't get it. I just tried to do my quiet humming and I couldn't distract myself from the noise. I decided to fight fire with fire. I am now chewing gum too. Yeah, I thought that would be a good idea because I was hoping I could only hear myself... but I am a quiet chewer and I chew with my mouth closed so it wasn't quite the effect I was going for. For a moment I tried smacking my gum and I could still hear him. Besides that, I hated the thought that one of my cube-neighbors might hate the noise as much as I do and be able to hear ME smacking. Ugh. I couldn't put anyone through that. So I am stuck chewing a piece of gum I never wanted in the first place and listening to Mr. Smacker do acrobatics with his piece of gum. Definitely bad news.



Now for the good news---- David is coming home tonight! That's all that needs to be said. : )

No comments: