I just finished eating a grapefruit. It was wonderful. I got squirted in the eye, the nose, the cheek... on my pretty shirt, all over my desk, and probably numerous other places, but it was all worth it. I forget how much I love grapefruit until I take the time to eat one. And I do mean take the time. Digging at each one of those little triangular sections of fruit is a process. It is one I rarely let myself start at home in the morning, but I have found that it is a welcome break at work. Many a grapefruit has rotted in my fridge when I couldn't find the time to eat it, but now that I have found that work is the best place to enjoy this fruit, I might bring one with me every day! And a moist towelette wouldn't hinder the process either...
David and I went with my parents to SoCal this past weekend to hear Brigitte sing an aria from the work "Elijah" at Master's Forest Lawn concert (She did a fabulous job, by the way- the best part of the concert). While we were in SoCal we got to meet up with Matt and Tara for breakfast at Mimi's Cafe. It seems like we only end up being in the same place at the same time once a year or every other year, but whenever we do- I have a great time. There's nothing like having friends that you haven't seen in over a year, but when you actually do see them, it's just as fun and comfortable as ever. When we were ordering breakfast, we were informed that we all get our choice of juice. Matt chose first and went with the grapefruit juice which prompted Tara's, "Who are you??" reaction. Apparently Matt is not usually a juice drinker. We all went on to order the grapefruit juice. It was scrumptious. I guess it's just a grapefruit week! If you aren't sold on the fruit, here are some grapefruit facts that might help you out> Grapefruit Factoids
1 comment:
haha I feel so special our little encounter made it onto your blog :) And btw, he likes orange juice but I don't remember him ever having a grapefruit or grapefruit juice so it threw me!
Post a Comment