We were staying at my parents' house next door while we treated the house for fleas. Between needing to find time to bomb it, treat the cats, and then deep-clean it after the bombing, we ended up staying there for a week and a half. Finally on Thursday and Saturday I wiped everything down in the house, laundered all of our fleabombed sheets and towels, vacuumed and revacuumed, and put everything back on the counters and shelves. During my time of reorganizing, I didn't see one flea. David and I went out Saturday evening for two engagement parties (later post) and when we were driving back we were discussing how strange it will be to return to our house and actually sleep in our bed. We hadn't been in the house 5 minutes when David had 3 flea bites on his ankle. Needless to say, we packed up our things, David sprayed the house with flea spray, and we returned to our home away from home next door. We are going to fleabomb one more time and if the house is still infested, we'll call the professionals.
We have a friend in the college group at church who, after I told her of our flea fiasco, told me she thinks fleas are cute. She asked if I think they are cute too. Let's see... they are eating my cats and my husband and casting us from our home. Nope. I think they are the devil.
1 comment:
I don't want your flea situation. Sorry that you have had to deal with all of this. You can always come crash on our back lawn if you want to ditch your parents pad for a bit. We can set up a tent, and the outdoor fireplace, and I promise I will turn the sprinklers off...
Camping in the heart of Coffee Park! Yippee...
Post a Comment