Sunday morning I was walking around barefoot on our church lawn and noticed the bees buzzing along the grass. I hadn't been stung by a bee since Jr. High and caught myself wondering if I would have some sort of reaction if I was stung- if maybe I had developed an allergy in my beestingless years. Luckily, I enjoyed my walk on the grass without a single bee encounter.
Flash forward to yesterday afternoon. I got home from work and was tidying up our kitchen when I saw some peacocks out back. I decided it would be fun to get a picture, ran to get my camera, and headed outside. By the time I was outside, the peacocks had made their way into the cow pasture. I don't mind saying hi to the cows, they are very sweet, so I went to open the gate and *SWARM* a dozen or so wasps flew out of the hollow of the gate and *STING* they found me. Luckily I only got stung by two of them before I ran away. Unluckily, I had put on a strapless dress before heading out into the heat and they found my bare shoulder.
In conclusion, wasp stings still hurt. I am still alive. And I am still not allergic to the striped stinging insects.
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
it's better not to wonder
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment