Saturday, October 18, 2008

cafe gratitude

Hubby and I went to Cafe Gratitude in Healdsburg for dinner last night. I've been looking forward to going ever since I heard it opened. It's completely vegan and mostly live foods. They even have vegan milkshakes and desserts. Hallelujah! I got the "I am accepting sushi bowl" and David got the "I am graceful thai bowl". They were both delicious. It was an... experience. As we conversed with our server and heard her talk to other customers, I began to think that Cafe Gratitude was more than just a restaurant, but also a religion or school of thought. Our server told us the question of the day was "What are you serving?" and we were told there are no wrong answers. David ended up saying he is serving absolute truth which turned into a long, semi-confusing conversation as our server was obviously living on cloud 9 and said that there could be absolute truth even if there are no wrong personal truths. Yeah... I dunno. So if you decide to go, study up on your worldview and the Bible and be prepared to be served some great, healthy food and mind-twisting conversation.

1 comment:

Sarah Ikegami said...

I have a feeling I know what you are talking about...sadly, many health cafes are similar to this :( Glad you were able to go out for a dinner date!