our Christmas card photo
the Christmas card that was never printed or sent
You probably want a rundown of the last couple of months, hmmm? We went to Disneyland Thanksgiving weekend and then dropped off the face of the planet for the holidays. The end. Not really, although that is what it feels like. The story is that I got sick on Thanksgiving weekend and have been sick ever since. I won't go into all that entails, but the highlights are: 3 ER visits, multiple doctors who don't seem to know anything, being in bed for over a month, an ear infection, hypoglycemia attacks, asthma, some terrible respiratory virus, laryngitis, and lots of other fun things. We think that the doctors have diagnosed everything that needs to be maintained with rest, meds, etc, although it will be a few weeks before we can tell if it's all working. I am starting to get some energy back and was able to go shopping for a bit one day this week and was also able to go to church yesterday. It will take a while to get back to a normal energy level because I am still healing and my body is still very weak from being sick for so long. It has not been a fun couple of months, but the Lord has encouraged me through friends and family and His Word. Even though I lapse back into discouragement here and there, I know that He is being faithful and I can trust Him through it all.
So if you wondered what we did for the holidays- I layed in bed, made an appearance at our family Christmas Eve Eve, layed in bed some more, and then went to the ER Christmas morning with a hypoglycemia attack. We got home around 1, opened presents as a family, and then I layed in bed again. It was a bizarre holiday and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. David and I have agreed that when I am totally well, we are going to celebrate Christmas in our little house- whether that be in February or March. I'm looking forward to it because I love Christmas and was very bummed to not be able to decorate, look at Christmas lights, cook, wrap presents, go on Christmas dates, and all the other fun Christmasy things.
So there you have it- the holiday update. You are all updated and I'll continue to update you as I heal. We appreciate your prayers as things can be tough even in the healing process. I am ready to be 100% well, but know it will take time and I may relapse if I push myself too much. So yes, prayers are welcome. Happy January!
9 comments:
Jiminy - that is bad. I am sorry that you have been so sick, but happy for you that you get another Christmas! Yay!
Heidi, I'm so sorry you've had such a hard few weeks. I hope you are able to get better soon and shake whatever it is. Stay in bed!
both your blogs are great! thanks for stopping by mine today =)
Hi! Thank you for visiting my blog. When I read about your difficulty during the past months, I remmebered Joel Osteen's daily reading: Are you facing a challenge or difficulty that seems overwhelming? When you stand strong and remain faithful to God, He promises to set your course for victory! And victory doesn´t necessarily mean everything is going to go our way all the time or work out the way we planned.
The Bible says that the real battle we face isn´t in our circumstances, it´s in our minds. The enemy is after your thoughts. He´s after your peace and joy. He knows that when you have peace, it´s a sign that you are connected to the Father. When you hold on to your peace and choose to be joyful, you are walking in victory, and it´s just a matter of time before your circumstances line up!
God bless! Keep the faith!
Thanks for visiting my blog and entering my drawing. As I read your blog I find we have a lot in common. I too am a pastor's wife and have two inside cats that I adore and an outdoor kitty who has adopted me and the neighbor cat named Ollie. Your cats are adorable and so is your blog. Come back sometime. Blessings, Katie
Thanks for stopping by my blog. Hope you feel better soon. Good luck in the drawing!
I hope you feel better.
Thanks for your sweet comments about my blog giveaway.
good luck in the drawing
Cari B.
What a beautiful blog you have. Thanks, too for stopping by my blog and registering for my giveaway for my hand knitted “Bella Mittens.” Good luck! Nan
So sorry you've been sick. I'm no stranger to chronic illness. Just don't give up and make those doctors keep looking for answers!
Post a Comment