[David jotting] We got back from Spring Camp tonight- quite the experience. Our church (Calvary Chapel Petaluma) doesn't have fixed camps that we do with other churches, so it's up to me to plan our Winter, Summer, and Spring Camps. This year, Heidi and I took the junior highers with a bunch of high school kids from our church and Calvary Chapel Healdsburg. We went to this place called "The Lord's Land" near Mendocino on the northern coast. The place used to be a hippy commune but during the Jesus Movement they all got saved and it became a Christian center. The 30 acres is littered with random buildings of all shapes and sizes, all of which were made completely by hand. The wood was all cut and carved by the former stoners and there are scriptures everywhere- carved into benches, walls, pillars, fences, and tables all over the property. Trippy place. Very cool. The theme was Hebrews 4:12, where we read that the Word of God is living and powerful, etc. There was a lot of good stuff shared. I taught on memorization. Good times. It was really fun except for the fact that I was sleeping outside in a tent and I have been sick since Good Friday (a week ago) and so I was freezing and miserable every night this week. Today we were outside in the early afternoon and I got my caucasian flesh fried pink; then I drove our the church's short bus (like the special ed. class uses) back down to Petaluma. Now I have an ear infection and my head is full of sickness. Yuck. Camp was a success all in all, but it sure is nice to be home. Now we are clean, in sweats, and watching Madagascar while munching on our Dove dark chocolate bunnies we got from Heidi's parents for Easter. Hurray for home.
Friday, April 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment