Wednesday, April 23, 2008

David writing... Heidi made me do this.


What I was doing 10 years ago: 
I was just finishing 8th grade (Heidi- you weren't in high school yet ten years ago) and was playing soccer way too much.  My soccer team would have just won the state cup for the second year in a row and I was playing for the state team for the first of four years to follow.  I thought girls were evil, I wore soccer shorts to school sometimes, and I still had braces.

What I was doing 5 years ago:
I was in my sophomore year at UCSD and in a downward spiral.  I was taking "Evolution of the Earth," "The Physics of Astronomy," and "Physical Comedy in Film" while I smoked my life away.  I was still playing soccer for the UCSD soccer team and we were in spring league.  I had broken up with my "college girlfriend" a few months prior and was spending a lot of time being drunk at parties.  I was living in a house with 4 other guys in Del Mar, was going deeper in debt all the time, and was ready to move home to save money and a year later, get saved.

What I was doing a year ago:
I was married for about 7 months, living in a 1908 craftsman home in Petaluma, spending my time trying to chase down junior highers, teach them the Bible, and plan trips for them.  I was also losing sleep to "The Office," enjoying the many Petaluma coffee shops, and was beginning to wonder if we would be moving at some point.

What I was doing yesterday:
I slept in an hour or so late, had the morning with Heidi, spent $70 on gasoline, printed flyers for the Healdsburg youth group's "Rockstar Party & Broom Hockey" this Friday, went to Healdsburg High School's Christian Club, worked on the church directory, wrote a blog I didn't publish, met with a new believer friend for dinner, missed the debate between an athiest JC prof and a local college pastor I was originally planning on attending because the guy I was meeting with couldn't start his car, went home to see the tail end of American Idol, used the inlaws internet, and then went home and got in bed, reading "Under the Overpass" before turning out the lights.

I enjoy:
reading, coffee, soccer when I don't get injured, talking about Jesus, being with my beautiful wife (of course), and text messaging my many family members.

5 TV shows I love:
The Office, Benson, Barretta, professional soccer, Unwrapped (on the Food Network)

5 things I hate:
When people change lanes or turn suddenly without signaling, when I order a drink and they fill the cup completely full with ice so all the liquid is only a couple of sips worth, when kids are apathetic and refuse to think, Mexican restaurants that charge you extra for chips, & the constant onslaught of the "go green" gospel.

5 biggest joys in my life:
Jesus, my wife, doing what I never knew I always wanted to do: teach the Bible, being in our church fellowship, being done with this blog so I can drink my coffee.

1 comment:

Heidi Jo said...

This is Heidi commenting that we WERE in highschool in 1998. David can correct his 10 years ago answer later. : )