Monday, April 21, 2008

What I was doing

Thanks, Ang!

What I was doing 10 years ago:
I was in my freshman year of high school- I had a crush on a few upperclassmen and probably 100 other guys, youth group was the highlight of my life, I had just learned that I suck at soccer, I was still having fun writing "life stories" for my friends, and I was a goofball

What I was doing 5 years ago:
I was in my sophomore year of college- on Student Leadership Staff and ASB, I wasn't getting much sleep, I was living on campus for the first time, hanging out with Lauren and my one married friend- Tara, shopping in LA, running, eating well, spending a lot of time off-campus, beginning to enjoy college less...

What I was doing 1 year ago:
I was newly-married, living in a beautiful old house on Petaluma Blvd and enjoying being able to walk downtown, spending most of my time working at Fireman's Fund and church, having Jr. High group at our house, trying to convince David we should get a cat, and getting sucked into The Office.

What I was doing yesterday:
It was the last day of the Women's Retreat at St. Dorothy's Rest in Occidental. I came back to the church with the ladies and then David and I headed straight to a BBQ @ the Scarr's house. David's long-time friend Justin was in SoCo for the weekend and his parents threw a BBQ for some friends. We ate some delicious tri-tip, strawberry spinach salad, and red velvet cupcakes with chocolate covered cherries on top. (I'm craving those cupcakes just thinking about them) We met Justin's gf who is a sweetheart- no surprise- and had a fun time getting to know some new people and catching up with Justin. David dropped me off at home and headed to a Romania meeting while I headed next door to hang out with the parents and sister. David came home after 10 and we went to bed at about midnight.

I enjoy:
time with David, spring in the country, wearing cute and comfy sweats, getting to know new/interesting people, taking a shower and then sleeping in fresh/clean sheets

5 TV shows I love:
The Office, Friends, Gilmore Girls, Boy Meets World, Flip That House

5 things I hate:
the sound of chewing, bad drivers, cough syrup, showers that don't drain properly, people/kids who are too cool for school

5 biggest joys in my life:
being able to trust the Lord, my husband, my family, animals (including my kitties), living in the country

I tag:
David, Tara, ummm... anyone else who desires to be tagged

2 comments:

familyof5 said...

Was that "thanks Ang" sarcastic???
Glad you did it! Fun to read! Make David do it. That would be AWESOME!!!!!!
See you soon!

the.beauty&theashes said...

ooh this was so cute!
www.until4ever.blogspot.com