Yesterday afternoon there was an accident on 101 near the Sonoma/Marin County line which closed 101 both ways. I work in Marin County and live in Sonoma County. 1 + 1= a long commute. There were two alternate routes to choose between and I chose one that continues up the street my company is on and then snakes around behind Novato and drops you in Petaluma. I would rather drive slow on a scenic country road than be in traffic on the freeway any day. I started my drive on San Marin Dr. at 4:50pm. By 6:30pm I had traveled 2 miles and was a block away from the back road I was to take. As I was flipping through the radio to entertain myself, I stopped long enough on one station to hear that 101 North was open. (!!!) I scooted over into the left lane and was met by a not-so-happy-camper honking behind me. I ignored him, did some U-turn action and was back where I had started on San Marin Dr. in 5 minutes, along with the few other people who had heard that the freeway was open again. I felt pretty sneaky. I also felt like I should hold up a sign for all the other weary travelers headed to the slow-poke back road that said, "C'mon! 101 is open!" But I didn't. There was traffic on 101 for a few minutes and then I was traveling at 60 mph! I called David to let him know because I was so excited. I finally got home at 7:15pm- 2 hours and 25 minutes later which is 5 times my normal commute. Whew.
Thoughts that went through my heading as I was sitting on San Marin Dr:
- After being annoyed by the traffic> What is my problem? There are people in an accident right now- pray!
- After reading a Nest magazine in stopped traffic> I wish I hadn't removed all those other magazines from my car yesterday
- After watching an old couple stroll by> I wish I could leave my car here and walk home
- After seeing a little bug crawl on my side mirror> It would be so fun to play with an animal right now
- After texting a few people from my phone> If I had an iPhone I could be checking my e-mail and surfing the internet right now
- After flipping through all the radio stations 3 times> I wish I had charged my iPod yesterday -&- no wonder I loved oldies in Jr. High, this is some fun music!
- After hearing that 101 was open> Praise God!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment