Friday, June 06, 2008

date day

Yesterday David and I escaped the house and decided to take a day off from everything. Between the flea problem and normal life, we hadn't had a date night in quite a while, so we made it a date day. We slept in, David made Belgian waffles with coconut syrup, and we headed to Healdsburg to check out the antique shops. We both found antique pieces to add to our wishlists, but we were there to window shop, not buy. If I had $900, I would have been going home with two pink striped chairs that match my pink couch. And if David had a couple thousand dollars, he would have been going home with an antique pinball machine. But alas, we left empty-handed. No, actually, we were holding hands, so not empty-handed. After antiquing for a couple of hours, we decided it was time for a movie- using the Buy One/Get One Ticket coupon from our Entertainment Book. It has already paid for itself. We went to see Baby Mama and then went home to chill for the rest of the evening. It was nice. I like date days.

No comments: