Wednesday, July 16, 2008

seven brides for seven brothers for one heidi

Yesterday I was walking around the house with songs from Hello, Dolly stuck in my head- not from watching Helly, Dolly, but from watching Wall.E. (If you haven't seen it- do. It's very entertaining although half the movie has no talking. And you'll love the exaggerated view of our society.) Anyway- I had those songs in my head and then realized how much I love songs from musicals- and what would it be like to be able to clean the house to the music of Seven Brides for Seven Brothers or Meet Me in St. Louis? I'm thinking it will be incredibly motivating and I will now be able to find out as iTunes and I made a deal, and I'm now in possession of the said movies. I listened to Seven Brides all the way through yesterday and it is fabulous, just as I expected. There are outtake tracks, rehearsal tracks, and demo recordings on top of the tracks from the movie. There are full versions of "Sobbin' Women" and "Goin' Co'tin'" sung by Johnny Mercer that are a kick. I don't usually call anything a kick, but these songs are. Heck- the whole album's a KICK.

No comments: