Friday, July 18, 2008

good morning, romania

David called me this morning- for the first time in almost a week- as soon as he was near a phone! Unfortunately, that was 4am PST. I heard my phone making noise and I was trying desperately to turn it off because I thought it was an alarm. Before I turned it off, somehow I woke up enough to figure out it was my phone and my husband calling. I answered it (I think) and he said he loved me (I think) and I said something back (I think). It's all a little blurry. But I do remembering him telling me he'd call when I was awake for the day. He called around 9 or so and I got to talk to him while coherent. It was wonderful. Next time he leaves for a 2 week trip to another country without me where he has no ability to contact me for a week, I am going to... hold on a sec... I am going to go with him!


That is a photo of a tired, smiley husband who got to talk to his wife today- and a Romanian mustache that will be gone before he returns. : )

No comments: