I am posting on my dad's computer as the screen on my computer has decided it no longer wants to function, and my husband took his MacBook to work with him. I don't have any of the photos I want to share on this computer so you will have to use your imagination. Yes, I am still going to post a bit more on Brigitte and Bob's wedding, but that will just have to wait until I can share more photos- my words won't do it justice.
Here are a few of the haps in our end of summer life:
- My hubby is finally home and we survived the 3 summer weeks apart- I like having him back with me
- I had an interview back at Fireman's Fund for an executive assistant job on Tuesday- it went well- we'll see if I hear back
- We are gathering measurements, pricing, and photos to plan our (the one we are renting from my parents) house rennovation... I don't even know if that's what you'd call it. Basically, we're fixing it up, and I'm excited.
- Next week we are taking off for a vacation. We are low on funds since I am jobless right now, but through some sweet friends, we will be staying in a condo in Clear Lake for two nights, and then will be playing "vacation" at home for a few days> maybe a trip to the city, a bike ride, a picnic... we'll see. My mom asked me if it's to celebrate our anniversary which is the 26th. Pretty much, we're with jr. highers and highschoolers all summer and the end of August is the best time for us to take a vacation, which also happens to be near our anniversary... so whatever you want to call it, as long as it's a vacation, I'm happy.
- I feel like we are entering a new season of our life> I could be going back to work full-time and David has a few things he'd like to do on the side... nothing is for certain for either of us yet, but there are a lot of prayers going up. At one point we thought this might be baby-season, but through talking and praying, it doesn't seem it's the right time for us which is fine with me. I have fun with my hubby and my cats. : )
All in all- it has been a blessed summer and I still cannot believe it went so fast, but I am glad it is almost over. I love fall and winter and am curious what the "school year" will bring...
1 comment:
Sometimes time like these yield the most pleasant outcomes! Ok, that wasn't suppose to sound like a fortune cookie :) I'm thankful the Lord is always in control. It will be exciting to see what He does through all of this! It does seem that summer went by very fast!
Post a Comment