I know, I know. I dropped off the face of the earth. Here's the story: My laptop died. The screen went black. David and I were both stuck using his MacBook Pro and then a few weeks ago HIS screen went black. So we were computer-less for a few weeks. David got his laptop back this past weekend, so I have returned. And hopefully the laptop gremlins won't attack us again. In the time that I was MIA, here's what happened (if you can't handle all the reading, I have bolded key words for you to get a sense of what has been going on):
My interview went well- they interviewed me again- that went well. Then after all the interviews they put me through, they ended up just going with someone inside the company. I know it's a lot easier for them, and I know that the Lord has something else for me- but they sure made me jump through a bunch of hoops for pretty much nothing. Oh well. After my on-location interview, David and I were wanting to have a cheap date (after all, I'm unemployed), and we ended up finding the Novato Farmer's Market in cute downtown Novato. Then we tried out a new pizza place in Novato since we had a buy one/get one Entertainment coupon, and it was delicious. So I guess the interview wasn't all in vain. : )
We've been getting more detailed with our house plans, and are hopefully going to start working on it very soon. I'm excited. I might start a blog just about the process. Could be fun. We'll see. Would you read it?
We took a mini-vacation for a couple of days in Clear Lake. It was fabulous clear weather, the condo was amazing, and Lake County is weird. I can't remember the last time I was in Lake County, but this was the first time I was aware of the weirdness. There were some pretty great antique stores though. In one of them, there was a group of three men guffawing (yes, guffawing. that's what they do in Lake County) about something and they asked if David and I wanted to adopt a grandpa (the old man in the group). We didn't end up buying anything or adopting anyone. But we were entertained. The vacation could have been longer, but it was a blessing nonetheless.
August 26th was our 2nd anniversary. We had a low-key day of hanging out at the park across from East West Cafe in Santa Rosa that is connected to Annadel State Park. I can never remember the name of it. We fed the geese and ducks and managed to get away without them eating our toes. We took some pictures, walked around, and left when I couldn't handle the blazing heat anymore. I'm a heat wimp. Then we went to Lowe's to look at flooring for the kitchen. After that we picked up some raspberries, dark chocolate, and champagne for dessert and then got take-out sushi from Sushi Tozai, the place we got engaged. We went home and had sushi at the table (we NEVER eat at the table), played Rummikub (I like to play that game because I am good at it), watched Scrubs and ate our delicious dessert. It was a nice day. And now we are on to our 3rd year of marriage. 3rd time's a charm, right? Not that the other two years haven't been charmed, I just expect this year to be EXTRA charmed.
That catches you up for now. If you stuck through all the reading in this post, I will award you with some photos of the aforementioned activities. If you did not read, avert your eyes from the next few posts.
1 comment:
Great post! It will be exciting to see what the Lord brings to you for a job, you never know! I would totally read your decorating blog, maybe it would inspire me to do some myself! I dig the Bloesem blog you have linked...your anniversary date sounded lovely, congrats!
Post a Comment