Thursday, October 09, 2008

ARTrails

David and I are going to check out some of the artists on ARTrails this weekend. Here's an excerpt from the website that explains what ARTtrails is: "ARTrails provides a rare opportunity for the public to meet local artists in their studios and learn about their diverse creative processes and techniques. Through hands-on demonstrations as well as intimate conversations, ARTrails artists will take you into their world where colors, shapes, materials, and textures merge into unique and collectible works of art." I'm pretty excited. We don't have any art and hope to find some inexpensive pieces from up-and-coming artists.

Some of the artists we are interested in checking out are Wendy Brayton, Dana Hawley, Caroline Hipkiss, Sterling Hoffman, Craig Nelson, James Reynolds, and Alice Thibeau

Here are a couple of samples:

by James Reynolds



by Dana Hawley

Update: I lied. Not intentionally. I don't think we'll be going to ARTrails this weekend because David is now teaching main service on Sunday morning, so that cancels out Saturday because of studying, and then Sundays are usually busy because we do long lunches with friends afterwards and are usually exhausted by the time lunch is over. Maybe next weekend, we'll see.

2 comments:

Sarah Ikegami said...

Oooh, I hope for a follow-up post, this looks really cool!

familyof5 said...

you know what i am doing this weekend? wiping butts!