Tuesday, May 05, 2009

some updates to keep you updated

I am hesitant to blog lately because I feel like I have so little to report and it just seems so boring to always being talking about my health, but since that is the bulk of what is going on in life right now, I guess I'll get you up to date.


Dr. Su: I started going to a reflexologist that a bunch of my friends rave about. He was able to feel my foot and pinpoint all of my health issues I hadn't even told him about. He is sure he can help. I'm going in twice a week for acupuncture and I spend my time laying there with needles stuck in me to pray and rest. I'm not sure that I've noticed any big differences, but have been told it will take a while to help. I am going to trust that it is helping and enjoy my weekly visits. Dr. Su is a sweetie and his upbeat personality always raises my spirits.

Juicing: David and I did a week of intense juicing. We had fresh carrot, carrot/apple, or greens juice on the hour every day. At the time, I didn't think it was doing much, but now that we have stopped, I can tell the difference. We are going to start again and I'm looking forward to it.

East Coast: David and I have a trip to the East Coast scheduled for the end of the month. David's best friend is getting married in Pennsylvania and we though we'd go a little early to visit D.C. and stay a little late to go to New York. Everything is set for us to go. I am trying to rest up and take care of my body in the next few weeks so I am as well as I can be. I'll still have to be pushed around the museums in a wheelchair and we won't be able to pack our days full, but I think the change of scenery and time away together will be a blessing. We definitely need a vacation.

Siblings: My sister is pregnant. David's little brother is getting married a week from Friday. CRAZY!

The Little House: I usually write about our remodel on Crooked Shmooked, but since I'm not blogging over there right now, I'll fill you in on here. Our bathroom is totally gutted and the pipes and such things that I know nothing about are being reworked to move the toilet and the shower. It will take some time, but it's exciting to know it's in the works. David and his dad took all the old sheetrock down in the guest room and it's ready to get some new walls, then it's on to the closet for the same treatment. Our living room is painted a light grayish blue and it is so weird to see color in there, but I know I'm going to love it when everything is put together. We are on our way and I'm not even going to guess how long it will take until we can move back in, but things are happening and that makes me happy!

Husband: I know I always talk about how wonderful David is, but you have no idea. He is always cooking me amazing healthy meals and making delicious juice. Today he left me with some romaine/celery/green apple/strawberry juice. It is so good. His cooking/juicing skills are only the start of how good he is to me. Here I am, laying around in sweats with no make-up every day and he does my wife work and hubby work and manages to surprise me with sweet little things and make me laugh... Gosh. I love him.

Encouragement: A couple weeks ago I spent a few hours with a friend who has a chronic disease that puts her in the similar situation I am in these days. It was an enormous blessing to talk to her, get advice, and glean from what she has learned. She said that in one of her devotionals she read that God sometimes asks us to suffer for Him and He chooses people He knows can handle it. She said we have been chosen to suffer for His sake so that we can help others. (That's a really short version of what she said.) I was really encouraged just remembering that God has chosen this for David and I. No matter how long it lasts, He knows we can handle it (only with His help- trust me) and this is His calling for us right now. It definitely helps me to look at it as a calling rather than "this trial we are going through" because it enables me to just live in it and live up to what God has for us and others. I don't know if that makes sense. My head is rather jumbled right now. How about I just say that I am encouraged and even when I am discouraged, the encouragement encourages me. Ha.

Oh dear. I am so sorry for putting you through the length of this post. And I didn't even give you a photo to lighten it. I'll work on getting a photo for next time. : ) Thank you for your prayers. God is good. I'll just end with that.

1 comment:

Laina Diane said...

Heidi,
I'm so sad for what you've been going through but so impressed with your positive attitude and trust in the Lord.
Happy remodeling and I hope you get to NY!!