David and I traveled to D.C. a couple of weeks ago before our friend, Justin's wedding. We stayed with him at his townhouse and got to spend a little time with him before the big day. The travel messed with me a bit and I wasn't well enough to do all the sightseeing we had planned, but we made it out for a couple of hours and this is what we got.
Our first stop- the Washington Monument.


We went to The Smithsonian and were only able to be there 20 minutes as they were closing early for an event. BUT we were able to see Stephen Colbert's portrait. So that's pretty American.
Sitting and waiting to be picked up by Justin. I have no idea
where we were.
The World War II Memorial. I loved it and hadn't seen it before since my last trip to D.C. was in highschool before it was put up.

There were scenes like this around the memorial. Of course my favorite was this sweet one of a soldier returning home.
Us next to the WWII Memorial.
David squishing Abraham Lincoln.
And a little American duckling.
Now onto Pennsylvania for the wedding...
No comments:
Post a Comment