The most exciting part of our trip was being able to stay in New York for 4 days. Amazingly, I felt great the whole time and was able to walk around a ton and survive. 4 days isn't much when you are in such a big city, but next time (riiiight), we'll conquer more. Manhattan was very fun and there is so much to see and so many places to shop! : ) As much as we loved it, we are definitely not city people. I can't imagine living there. Such craziness! Great place to visit and I have always wanted to go so now I can check it off my list.
Our first stop was a vegan raw food restaurant. It was fun to sit and eat healthy food and people-watch from our window seats.
Our room was on the 26th floor. Every time we went up in the elevator I felt like it was drop zone and we were going to drop after the elevator stopped- hence the holding on for dear life every time we went in it. I don't miss that thing.
The most exciting place we went was Babycakes, the vegan bakery. We ate way too many cupcakes, but came home with a mug and the cookbook. Next time I bake, it will be vegan. Everything was deeeliiiicious! I miss it. *tear*
We went to a taping of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon and got to sit on the front row. The guests weren't that funny- Whoopi Goldberg and Stephen Baldwin, but Keane and The Roots were great. We also got high-fives from Jimmy. A brush with stardom...
Conclusion: It was VERY fun and such a blessing and I caught a cold my last day there (probably from a cab), but it was worth it. I'd love to go back, but it makes me love where we live even more- open space, fresh air, being able to drive freely.... Sonoma County is the best.
If you want to see more scenic photos, check out my post at Crooked Shmooked.





3 comments:
How fun! Next time come to Seattle. You can stay at Che Fulton Suites, aka spare bedroom. I'm really excited to see Wicked. I have read the book...just brace yourself - it's written by a pretty...um...worldly man. There were parts I skimmed as quickly as possible. But I love the overall story. Hope your cold goes away quickly!
Erin- Thanks for the Wicked warning. Now I won't be so shocked. You are going to LOVE the show. It's amazing. We are actually hoping our next trip will be to Washington and Oregon. I have relatives in WA, some friends in WA, and then David has relatives in Oregon. I'll add you to our Washington list. It's so nice to have places to stay on trips so you don't wrack up money at hotels. When we have a guest room (and a house), feel free to visit Santa Rosa any time. I can't wait to have a guest room open for friends!
Hi Heidi!
I love how you use pictures to illustrate your little adventures. :)
Hope you are well!
Post a Comment